What is Counselling?
Counselling is a talking therapy based on giving you a safe, confidential space to talk about your problems. As an accredited counsellor based in Westminster, London, I listen to you and help you to find solutions that are relevant to you.
I’ll listen without judgement or criticism and offer support to help you reach a clearer understanding of how your emotions and thought processes work. Once this understanding is achieved, I can help you find solutions to your emotional difficulties and problematic behaviours that may lead to difficulties in your relationships with the people in your life. The aim is to empower you to recognise what is not working and encourage you to make changes leading to a better quality of life.
Who can benefit from Counselling?
Counselling can help people with a wide range of emotional issues that are preventing them from moving forward. In particular, it tends to be preferred for those who have problems with behaviour patterns and who are motivated to actively change these.
Among the many conditions Counselling can help with are:
- traumatic life events, such as bereavement or the breakdown of a relationship.
- severe stress, for example, caused by work-related events.
- emotions that are hard to deal with, such as anger or low self-esteem.
- various mental health issues, including depression and eating disorders.
- physical conditions such as infertility.
- coming to terms with sexual identity.
What can you expect from Counselling?
If you are looking for a counsellor in London, I can provide treatment tailored to your individual needs. If a face to face meeting is difficult for any reason, the treatment can also be conducted online.